What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is something administered to someone who has a physical health concern. Physical therapy is a type of treatment which may include movement of joints in different directions and in different speeds, stretching of muscles, and movement of the patient’s affected by part against resistance.
This kind of physical treatment is for mobilization and manipulation of joints as well as activation of passive muscles. This kind of physical treatment is also administered by a professional physical therapist to ensure the safety and recovery of the injured patient. The physical therapy is also referred to as manual therapy or manuelle therapie.
What are the benefits of using physical therapy as a treatment?
There are a lot of health benefits a physical therapy can bring. Different types of injuries and disorders can be treated with physical therapy. Here are some of the injuries and disorders a physical therapy can treat.
• Physical therapy to relieve these kinds of muscle pain from fatigue involves simple physical therapy techniques.
• Recover from a sports injury such as a sprain. Athletes who got injured during a game can recover from their injury faster by doing physical therapy like trying to walk or stretching their muscles.
• Activate passive muscles. Patients who spent a long-time bed-ridden should right away do a physical therapy to enhance mobility and balance.
• Improve muscle movement and timing. This kind of treatment is also used to improve muscle movement and timing by patients who experience difficulty in controlling their voluntary muscles.
• Learn to adapt to an artificial limb, a walker, or a cane. Patients who lost a limb and who has impaired limbs should learn to do an everyday routine using these assistive devices.
• Manipulate bowels and urination. Physical therapy can also be administered to patients who experience difficulty in moving their bowels or in urinating.